Frequently Asked Questions
Renting a car can be confusing, especially if you are a first-time renter or don’t understand the terminology involved. At Community Rental Car, we believe renting a vehicle shouldn’t be an intimidating or stressful experience. The following information is intended to clarify some industry terminology and provide a guide to car rentals for those unfamiliar with the process. If you browse our frequently asked questions below and don’t find the answers you are looking for, call at (336) 448-2889 to speak to one of our rental specialists in High Point, NC. You can also request a quote online now if you’re ready to get started.
Like all car rental companies, Community Rental Car has a few requirements that must be met in order to qualify for a rental car, truck, van, or SUV.
- Driver’s License — Renters are required to present a valid, state-issued driver’s license.
- Refundable Deposit — Deposit amounts vary based on the vehicle and length of the rental period. We authorize, but do not process, the charge unless you do not return the car as specified in your rental contract. Please note that until you return the vehicle, your spending limit on your credit card may be reduced by the amount of the deposit. This may be important if you plan to charge other items to your credit card and are near your credit limit.
- Insurance Coverage — Required to have full coverage insurance that includes liability and collision insurance. If you don’t have this insurance, we can provide it for an additional cost.
Don’t have a credit card? Ask about our cash-only options.
At Community Rental Car, we are upfront and honest about our pricing and rental fees. You will have the opportunity to review your rental agreement and ask about any charges included before you sign. If you are not sure about a specific charge or have questions about the language used in our rental agreement, feel free to ask questions at the counter. Our friendly and knowledgeable representatives will be happy to help. A few of the costs to consider are as follows:
- Taxes — In addition to the daily rental rate and the potential additional charges mentioned above, taxes are also charged.
- Fuel Charge — A fuel charge is the cost added to your bill for gasoline used that was in the car at the time you picked up your rental. For example, if you pick up your rental with a full tank of gas and return it empty, the cost for refueling the vehicle will be added to your total. However, if you refill the tank before returning it, then a fuel charge will not be added.
- Toll Roads — Toll roads mean extra costs for car renters. North Carolina only has a few toll roads — they are “cashless”, so car renters can’t pay at the tollbooth. The cost for toll-road usage will instead have to be paid to Community Rental Car. Check your planned route to see if you will encounter any tolls so you know what to expect.
Yes. Unlike many of our competitors, Community Rental Car also offers cash-only rentals. We pride ourselves in offering this opportunity because we understand that life can provide situations that are unexpected. No matter what your level of credit, you should be able to rent a vehicle when you find yourself in need of one. If you are interested in renting a car using cash, please contact us for specific prices and policies.
Debit cards or ‘check cards’ are also accepted by Community Rental Car. A deposit will be taken from the checking account linked to the card presented at the time of rental. The deposit will be refunded once the vehicle you rented has been returned, the rental amount has been paid in full, and the vehicle has been checked in and processed.
Though many rental companies require renters to be at least 25 years of age, Community Rental Car will still allow a younger individual to rent a car. A young-driver charge may be required for younger, less-experienced drivers because they are considered “high-risk” drivers. Please ask our team members for further details.
Yes, we charge an additional $25/day for an additional driver. Failure to sign up an additional driver (that falls outside of our exemptions) can be a violation of your rental agreement and may void your insurance protection.
Yes! No need to be reliant on friends, family, public transportation, or ride sharing companies. We provide reliable and cheap weekly and monthly long-term car rentals to the High Point, NC, area.
Contact Us With Additional Questions
To learn more about renting a vehicle from Community Rental Car, call us at (336) 448-2889, or stop by during our normal business hours. Our convenient locations in High Point and Winston-Salem help us easily serve customers in Greensboro and beyond.